Sunday, February 1, 2009

DVF
















In the spirit of The City, my obsession and hopefully future life, I have decided to pay tribute to Diane von Furstenberg. After looking at her Spring 2009 collection, I realized major props were due to the fabulous designer! This season, DVF is using a lot of floral patterns and best of all, she accessorized each look with a unique Renaissance like headpiece. Now I guess we know why Whitney wore that head piece to The Hills season finale after party, but I think this look is meant to stay on the runway. The entire line is pretty and flirty, but the most important part is that the line is completely wearable and perfect for the upcoming spring. My favorite look? The model wearing an orange dress with a pink multicolored jacket cinched with a chunky black studded belt(second from bottom). Who would have thought black studded belts went so well with spring colors? The entire collection is centered on pretty floral flirty patterns, complemented by a fresh faced look with nude lips and darker eyes. I found the entire collection to be fresh and fun with a definite gypsy inspiration! It has a boho vibe with a little bit more of a classy twist on it, which I think makes this collection a standout among Spring 09.





No comments: