Saturday, March 28, 2009

Light Reading for Today


Thanks to a fellow blogger's post about her, I found Robin Givhan's Off the Runway and proceeded to read post after post for about forty five minutes, when I unglued myself from her blog only to start blogging about her. Its so refreshing to find a fashion writer who isn't afraid to call it like it is. She gives fair criticisms, and witty ones at that. If a designer sends a piece of crap down the runway, she calls it a piece of crap, not "edgy" or "unique." Not only that, but her compliments are pretty spot on, she's not going to call something beautiful just because its from a known designer. If you haven't yet read anything of Givhan's, go to her site immediately and be prepared to be entertained through all her posts, and for some reason I seem to be happier after reading her column than I was before. Bizarre, but just goes to show that her blog is pretty inspiring.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fashion/

No comments: